HELSINKI, Finland – In a spectacular video from a security camera in Finland, an iPhone combusts directly in the pocket of its user.
The 17-year-old owner of the phone has it in his back pocket and after stepping out of the car, a smoke ball erupts from his pocket, he throws the phone on the floor and seems quite scared. The most curious part of the story is that the phone is only 90-days-old and any third-party repairs are out of the question.
There was similar story in Australia earlier, but that time the phone was unprofessionally repaired by an unauthorized service. The reason for such dangerous behaviour of the phones lays in the lithium-ion battery of the device, which in cases of severe malfunction is capable of busting apart.
With the quantity of iPhones that are currently used in he world, the cases of this smartphone busting apart are a insignificant percentage, but still they seem to be happening.